Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Cherry Creek North Business Improvement District (the District) based in Denver’s beautiful Cherry Creek is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Specialist. The Specialist is responsible for the hands-on performance and contractor oversight of daily and seasonal external repairs and maintenance needs of the District’s facilities and assets. These needs include construction projects, electrical maintenance, lighting inspections, signage, carpentry, hardscape, snowplowing, budget and facility management.
This important position is responsible for developing predictive and preventative maintenance plans for maintained assets as well as coordinating, inspecting and monitoring contractor performance to assure compliance with District and City of Denver standards and specifications.
Strong business relationships are important! The Facilities Maintenance Specialist will work closely with the District’s commercial business/property owners and managers, City Agencies, contractors, construction managers and utility companies operating in the public-rights-of-way.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least three to five (3-5) years of experience in facility operations related to construction, inspection, maintenance and repair of public facilities and infrastructure is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of project management, contractor and construction management experience is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Previous business improvement district (BID), downtown association, or similar civic or nonprofit experience desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in facilities management, construction management or related field is strongly desired.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year to year basis.
Much of this position is performed outside so the candidate must be willing and able to work in extreme weather temperatures, subject to City and construction noise on a regular basis.
This position is “open until filled”; therefore, we encourage all interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify the subject as "Facilities Maintenance Specialist."
We are an EEO employer.