The Cherry Creek North Business Improvement District (BID), is a public organization primarily funded by private commercial tax payers. Our mission is to actively plan, manage and promote Cherry Creek North as an integral tourist destination for shopping, dining, visiting and locally for living and working.
The BID ensures that Cherry Creek North remain a premier destination through day-to-day maintenance and operations in the physical environment, public safety, marketing, advertising and through seasonal event activations. We are hiring for Maintenance Operations and Marketing. We'd love to have you be a part of our team!
Maintenance Technician, Operations
This role would work under the guidance and direction of the Cherry Creek North Business Improvement District, Operations Director and Operations Manager, to identify opportunities through regular District inspections of the Public Right of Way, to improve or better maintain Cherry Creek North (CCN) assets and conditions while trouble shooting and addressing basic repairs. The Maintenance Technician would work together with CCN Operations staff to ensure that CCN provides a consistently safe, beautiful and enjoyable experience for our many residents, visitors, retailers and office workers.
The Maintenance Technician will perform daily inspections of the entire District to regularly observe general conditions while reporting and then resolving or addressing all safety concerns, asset issues or damages, hardscape concerns, landscape or irrigation issues, snow and ice concerns and electrical issues.
- Regular district inspections of the Public Right of Way.
- Address, repair or restore any issues that have been identified on any CCN assets.
- Communicate issues or concerns with CCN BID management, BID contractors, property owners, property managers and retailers.
- Identify and immediately address any safety concerns or potentially unsafe conditions.
- Identify and resolve any landscape or irrigation issues.
- Report and mitigate any unsafe winter conditions.
- Report any issues or damages related to the City and County of Denver assets or infrastructure.
- Work with the many CCN contractors and vendors to ensure they are operating in a safe manner and performing to a standard that meets or exceeds CCN expectations.
- Perform utility locates of CCN infrastructure.
- Staining of Wood Benches.
- Painting of Metal assets.
- Sign and wayfinding maintenance.
- Paver / Hardscape repair.
- Minor Landscape / Irrigation repair.
- Snow and Ice mitigation.
- Repair broken or damaged electrical outlet covers.
- Maintain accurate records or reports.
- Provide emergency responses when needed during off hours.
- Meet or exceed scheduling commitments.
- Tools and resources will be provided to the applicant.
- Parking will be provided by the employer.
- Generous benefit and PTO package provided by employer.
- This position will primarily be working outside, year-round.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Property maintenance experience.
- Ability to interact professionally and efficiently with management, contractors, property owners, residents, retailers and visitors.
- Hands on experience with basic painting, staining, electrical repair, hardscape repair, landscaping and irrigation repair, snow and ice mitigation.
- Physical requirements include being able to lift 50 lbs. climb ladders, substantial walking and use of power and hand tools. Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the state of Colorado.
- Full time hourly position
- 8-hour shifts
- Monday – Friday
- On call during off hours
- Weekend availability when necessary
The Cherry Creek North BID fosters a highly collaborative environment across all internal departments and expects members to be able to give as well as receive feedback in space that honors psychological safety. Like the CCN brand, CCN BID strives for excellence in all we communicate, create, produce and activate. And, have fun!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for a wide range of marketing functions, including advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The Marketing Coordinator must reflect a positive attitude and resourcefulness in their discipline, as well as be an organized multitasker able to handle several diverse projects in a fast-paced environment.
Day to day, the Marketing Coordinator may build relationships with area businesses (restaurants, retail shops, fitness and wellness studios, hotels, etc.), create and coordinate content for newsletters and social media, draft reports, track results, and support all marketing efforts. This individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with Cherry Creek North’s marketing goals.
- MERCHANT RELATIONS
- Develop strong relationships and manage day-to-day communications with Cherry Creek North businesses
- Coordinate and encourage merchant participation for events, promotions, and marketing opportunities
- Coordinate photo/video shoots
- Create post meeting recaps
- SOCIAL MEDIA/EMAIL MANAGEMENT
- Content creation
- Consumer-facing newsletter content creation
- Research and reporting on all marketing activities
- MARKETING ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPORT
- Event coordination, production and promotion
- Scheduling meetings and video calls
- Trafficking creative assets/vendor coordination
- Research and reporting on all marketing activities
- Design skills support (Canva and/or Adobe Suite)
- Basic website administration and moderation
- Manage and update business contact database
- SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 0-2 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- Or comparable certifications
- Positive attitude and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated competency in written and verbal skills
- Strong initiative, organizational skills/follow-through
- Knowledge of traditional/digital marketing
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to establish positive and productive relationships with stakeholders
- Competency in commonly used marketing tools (social platforms/schedulers, email marketing platforms, browser-based design, website CMS) and operating systems (Microsoft, Monday.com)
Qualifications: You are...
- a team player
- self sufficient
- resourceful and creative
- a good steward of brand standards
- an active listener
- a great communicator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of either job. Body Movement: Physical mobility to work outdoors and/or in an office setting. Sit and stand while performing duties. Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (at least 50lbs.). As it relates, repetitive hand movement while using hand tools, equipment, keyboarding, writing. Vision: Uses sight in the normal range with or without correction to perform duties. Hearing: Uses hearing in the normal range with or without correction to perform duties.
These job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
How to apply: Please submit your resume with qualifications via Email to HR@cherrycreeknorth.com with Maintenance Technician, Operations or Marketing Coordinator in the Subject Header. We thank you for your interest in joining our team and in Cherry Creek North.