Glow Getter's Guide: Self-Tanning Tips for a Beautiful Bronze
Featuring Sinless Sun owner Alix Peterson
If you're feeling a little pale after spending so much of spring indoors, Alix Peterson of Sinless Sun Spray Tanning has some tips for getting the most out of your self-tanner so when you're finally able to emerge, you look perfectly sun-kissed.
The Ultimate Glow bundle ($90) has the self-tanning essentials you need to achieve that Sinless Sun Tan at home.
For the perfect quaran-tan, here are her tips:
Prepare Your Skin:
- Exfoliate and shave the night before applying self-tanners. Avoid oily scrubs, as they might make your tan uneven.
- Stay away from body lotions, oils, and deodorant before tanning.
- Make sure your skin is clean, cool, and dry so you get a long-lasting color.
- For best results, use a moist tanning mitt, a blending brush or even an old sock to apply the tanning product.
- To avoid streaks, ensure your self-tanner is properly blended (meaning you don't see any separation in the liquid).
- Apply an even layer all over your body in long, sweeping circular motions.
- Start at your feet, working your way up the body, and apply to the arms last.
- Use less product on hands, feet, knees, and elbows, and wipe off any areas that are obviously dry.
- Wash hands immediately after applying.
- Wait five minutes before dressing or getting in bed.
- Avoid contact with water or oil for eight hours to allow your tan to set.
- To achieve the most natural-looking fade, use a water-based body lotion or cream twice daily.
Book online or call (720) 232-4321 to make an appointment. If you're looking to achieve the perfect tan at home in the meantime, shop Sinless Sun Spray Tanning Get Glowing bundles on their newly updated website sinlesssun.com, where you can also buy gift certificates.
Mentioned in this Post