August 23, 2017
Design Within Reach, the largest retailer of authentic modern furniture and accessories in the world, announced the opening of its new Studio in Cherry Creek North, Denver's premier shopping district. At 12,000 square feet, the new space is three times the size of the company's previous location in Cherry Creek North, which it replaces.
"Cherry Creek is exactly where we want to be in Denver, and our beautiful new space affords us the opportunity to stay in this vibrant neighborhood and to introduce new ways to showcase our exclusive product assortment," says DWR President John McPhee.
Founded in 1998, Design Within Reach made modern design accessible to the U.S. market through its groundbreaking catalog and e-commerce site and has evolved into a destination for its exclusive collection of modern furniture and accessories.
The new DWR Denver Studio looks to provide design enthusiasts with 12,000 square feet of engaging design innovation and exceptional client experience from best-in-the-industry design account executives. The company continues its partnership with New York-based architecture firm DFA to bring the new Studio to life, as well as enlisting the help of Light Studio LA in creating dramatic lighting design throughout the space.
Additional features of the DWR Denver Studio include:
- 24 fully realized room vignettes integrate iconic classics of modern furniture with DWR's exclusive collections and the work of designers including Charles and Ray Eames, Norm Architects, Matthew Hilton and Eero Saarinen.
- Light Cloud: Hanging installation comprised of numerous pendant lights glows from a double-height glass corner that looks out over Cherry Creek.
- Swatch Wall: 30-foot-long material and color spectrum represented by nearly 400 wall-mounted upholstery tiles offers a glimpse of the more than 3000 custom options available from Maharam, Knoll®, Edelman® Leather and Spinneybeck®, among others.
- Outdoor Collections: An expanded assortment of outdoor furniture featuring classic pieces and DWR exclusive outdoor collections.
- Innovative office and café solutions for home and business.
"Denver is experiencing a period of rapid growth, and we're thrilled to bring more of the best in modern design to this growing audience of design fans," says John Edelman, DWR CEO.
The DWR Denver Studio is at 2701 E. First Avenue, Denver, CO 80206. The Studio may be reached at 720.407.0000. Open 10am–9pm, Monday–Saturday; 11am–7pm, Sunday.